What is it?
Stress testing is used to test the stability & reliability of the system. This test mainly determines the system on its robustness and error handling under extremely heavy load conditions.
Stress Testing is done to make sure that the system would not crash under crunch situations and that is why it is called as endurance testing.
How we do?
Sattvasoft get the boundry requirements as far as stress testing is concerned. We talk to the system owners or product owners and product team(s) to know what could be the maximum load this system can get and then we define the overall plan for the system stress testing.
e.g During festival time, an online shopping site may witness a heavy fluctuations in traffic, or when it announces a special sale
- check whether the system works under abnormal conditions
- Displaying appropriate error message when the system is under stress
We perform different types of stress testing :
- Distributed Stress Testing
- Application Stress Testing
- Transactional Stress Testing
- Systemic Stress Testing
- Exploratory Stress Testing